Posted by https://naturallyella.com/summer-vegetable-pasta/
© 2017 Naturally Ella. All rights reserved.
Summer Vegetable Pasta with Chickpeas
A hearty summer pasta that uses chickpeas to bulk up the recipe and a bit of heavy cream and parmesan to create a simple sauce.
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1 small to medium zucchini
- 5 to 6 small sweet peppers
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (drained and rinsed if using canned)
- 1/4 cup lightly packed basil, julienned
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup lightly packed parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the vegetables: dice the onion and zucchini into similar sized pieces and slice the smaller peppers into rings. Slice the tomatoes in half. Start the pasta cooking and cook until al dente.
- Heat a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, followed by the vegetables. Saute until the vegetables are tender and browning, stirring occasionally; 8 to 10 minutes. Add in the chickpeas and basil, cooking and stirring until the chickpeas are warm.
- Add in the pasta as well as the heavy cream, parmesan, salt and pepper. Stir to coat the noodles and melt the parmesan. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
Tips & Tricks: You could use smaller pasta, like the penne I used, or you could make this dish with a longer noodle, like spaghetti.
Stock up: get the pantry ingredients you will need: zucchini, tomatoes, peppers
Nutrition: see the information.
Loading nutrition data...