- 1 acorn squash
- 1/4 cup plain, whole milk yogurt
- Adobo Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons sucanat or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 jalapeños*
- 1/2 onion
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Water for thinning
- Goat Cheese or Queso Fresco for Topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 375˚. Peel the acorn squash, cut in half, and remove seeds. Take each half and slice each half into 1/2″ slices. Place in a bowl with yogurt. In a separate bowl, combine spices, sucanat, salt, and pepper. Add into bowl with squash and toss mixture until squash is coated. Place squash in a single layer on a covered baking tray and roast until tender, 25-30 minutes.
- While squash is roasting, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add quinoa and stir until liquid has evaporated and quinoa is lightly browning and crisp, 2-4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- To make chimichurri, combine all ingredients, except water, in a blender and pulse. Add 1-2 tablespoon of water at a time until sauce is the consistency you desire.
- Serve squash with quinoa and a few spoonfuls of chimichurri and cheese (if desired)
*Leave seeds in jalapeños if a bit of heat is desired or remove if heat isn’t your thing.