More often than not, I seem to stare at the blank screen waiting for inspiration. My eyes are tired from working for three weeks straight and I am starting to become homesick, much like a few of my campers. I daydream of coffee in my Chemex, hours spent reading in the hammock, and experimenting with the fifty plus recipe ideas I’ve accumulated over the past weeks.
So until I find my inspiration to fill the blank pages, I give you things I find inspiring, like this video from Kelsey (and Shaun) and this beautiful letter written by Sarah to her daughter.
Spinach Millet Egg Bake
- 1/2 cup uncooked millet
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped spinach
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives
- 2 slices of smoked gouda
- In a medium pot over low heat, add millet to lightly toast for 2-3 minutes. Pour in 1 1/2 cups water and salt, bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until water is absorbed, 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- Lightly oil two 5" ramekin. Toss millet and spinach together and place in ramekin. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, thyme, and chives. Pour over spinach/millet mixture and lightly smash millet down until covered by eggs.
- Place cheese on top and lightly press down again. Bake for 25-30 minutes until egg mixture has set and puffed up.
by Erin Alderson