A tangy cabbage slaw that makes for an easy side dish or a solid packed lunch with help from quick cooking quinoa.
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger paste (or finely minced ginger)
- zest and juice from one lime
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or honey)
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
- 2 cups loosely packed red cabbage
- 2 cups loosely packed green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 cup thinly sliced green peppers
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup toasted almond slices
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. If you want a little sweeter- try adding more sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients through the quinoa. Toss and pour in the dressing. Toss again until the cabbage is coated. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes or more.
- Add the almonds, toss again, and serve.
Tips & Tricks: For a better flavor and texture, allow the cabbage/dressing to sit for an hour or two before serving.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 9.2
- Sodium: 734
- Fat: 10.1
- Carbohydrates: 27.9
- Fiber: 6.9
- Protein: 8.6
- Cholesterol: 27.9