This crumble is one of my favorite items to use in place of meat. The crumble is great with a myriad of spices + herbs and perfect for topping salads, grain bowls, or even nachos.
- 1/2 cup cooked short-grain brown rice
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans (see note)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, cooked brown rice, pecans, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Pulse a few times until mixture comes together and resembles a coarsely ground meal.
- Heat a skillet over medium low heat and add olive oil follow by mixture. Stirring occasionally, heat mixture until hot and fragrant, 4-6 minutes.
Tips & Tricks: I like to lightly toast pecans in a dry skillet. Add the nuts to the skillet over medium-low heat. Shake the pan and let the pecans toast until fragrant.
You could make this sauce ahead of time and assemble when ready to eat.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 2.5
- Sodium: 391
- Fat: 10.7
- Carbohydrates: 31.6
- Fiber: 5.3
- Protein: 6.7
- Cholesterol: 0