- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1/2 cup short grain brown rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-6 tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot (or something similar)
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, cooked brown rice, pecans, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Pulse a few times until mixture comes together and resembles a coarsely ground meal.
- Heat a skillet over medium low heat and add mixture to pan (if using a pan that sticks, add a little olive oil). Stirring occasionally, heat mixture until fragrant, 4-6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the hot sauce, starting with 1-2 tablespoons and adding more as you like.
- Serve crumbles over salad and with Homemade Ranch.
*If using Frank’s red hot alone, try add a bit of melted butter- it will cut down on the heat. Also, this is he homemade ranch dressing I keep around for these kinds of salads.