A creamy fall porridge with toasted cracked einkorn mixed with sweet potato puree- perfect for a hearty fall breakfast.
- 1/2 cup whole einkorn berries
- 1/2 cup whole milk or almond milk
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- Pecans, toasted
- Heavy Cream or almond milk, for serving
- Maple Syrup, for serving
- Cinnamon powder, for serving
- In a small pot, add the einkorn and toast over medium heat until fragrant. Let cool and transfer to a food processor or blender. Pulse until the einkorn in cracked into big pieces, usually 5 to 6, 1 second pulses.
- Return the cracked einkorn to the pot and add the milk, water, salt, and maple syrup. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook over low heat until the einkorn is tender and the porridge is thick, 35 to 45 minutes. Add more water/milk as needed to keep a good porridge consistency. Add the mashed sweet potatoes and stir until combined and heat.
- Place in a bowl and top with your favorite toppings: pecans, cream, maple syrup, and/or cinnamon.
Tips & Tricks: Batch cook the einkorn and you can reheat the einkorn with extra milk.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 561
- Sugar: 20.6
- Sodium: 390
- Fat: 8.7
- Saturated Fat: 4.7
- Carbohydrates: 99.2
- Fiber: 16.2
- Protein: 23.8
- Cholesterol: 12.2