Easy and beautiful summer tacos featuring spiced black beans topped with fresh, raw sweet corn and avocado salad.
- 1 ear sweet corn
- 1 just-ripe avocado
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro, plus extra for topping
- [url]1 recipe for spiced black beans∞https://naturallyella.com/spiced-black-beans/[/url]
- 4 8” corn tortillas (store-bought or homemade)
- Cotija or Feta Cheese, for topping (optional)
- Hot Sauce, for topping
- Carefully remove the kernels from the corn cob and place in a bowl. Save the corn cob for making stock if desired. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the avocado onto a cutting board, cut side down. Dice the avocado into ¼” cubes and add to the bowl with sweet corn. Squeeze in the lime juice followed by the salt and cilantro. Toss until the corn and avocado are coated, set aside.
- Make the blacks beans as instructed.
- Heat the tortillas as desired (see note for my preferred method). Assemble the tacos with a a few spoonfuls of the black beans followed by the avocado relish, cotija cheese, and a drizzle of hot sauce.
Tips & Tricks: I have a gas oven which means I like to lightly char the tortillas over an open flame. You can also achieve a similar effect in a cast-iron skillet.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 432
- Sugar: 4.9
- Fat: 17.3
- Carbohydrates: 63.5
- Fiber: 19.3
- Protein: 14.3
- Cholesterol: 0