Post sponsored by California Avocado. See below for more details.
I’m squeezing in one last avocado recipe into June since it is still California Avocado month! This works out especially well because with temperatures well over 100˚F for the past week, I’m making more items that are fresh and require little cooking. Enter these tacos with a fresh avocado salad. These tacos use my favorite spiced black bean recipe which is then topped with this simple sweet corn salad. This salad is perfect when you’re able to get your hands on fresh sweet corn because the raw flavor is wonderful- there’s no need to always cook corn! Plus, I think sweet corn and avocados should always go together!Print
Easy and beautiful summer tacos featuring spiced black beans topped with fresh, raw sweet corn and avocado salad.
- 1 ear sweet corn
- 1 just-ripe avocado
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro, plus extra for topping
- [url]1 recipe for spiced black beans∞https://naturallyella.com/spiced-black-beans/[/url]
- 4 8” corn tortillas (store-bought or homemade)
- Cotija or Feta Cheese, for topping (optional)
- Hot Sauce, for topping
- Carefully remove the kernels from the corn cob and place in a bowl. Save the corn cob for making stock if desired. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the avocado onto a cutting board, cut side down. Dice the avocado into ¼” cubes and add to the bowl with sweet corn. Squeeze in the lime juice followed by the salt and cilantro. Toss until the corn and avocado are coated, set aside.
- Make the blacks beans as instructed.
- Heat the tortillas as desired (see note for my preferred method). Assemble the tacos with a a few spoonfuls of the black beans followed by the avocado relish, cotija cheese, and a drizzle of hot sauce.
Tips & Tricks: I have a gas oven which means I like to lightly char the tortillas over an open flame. You can also achieve a similar effect in a cast-iron skillet.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 432
- Sugar: 4.9
- Fat: 17.3
- Carbohydrates: 63.5
- Fiber: 19.3
- Protein: 14.3
- Cholesterol: 0
Tacos with Sweet Corn Salad
I feel like my taco recipes are one never-ending variation. I’m constantly changing up the fillings I use but it is based around a simple formula: legumes + vegetables. With this combination, it’s hard to go wrong!
Vegan: Easy enough: leave off the cheese. I like to add an extra sprinkle of salt to the salad though- the cheese brings a boost you won’t get otherwise.
Beans: Switch out the black beans and use the pinto or or white beans. I love using the smaller, creamier beans for a spiced taco filling!
Halloumi: You probably know this about me, but I loved fried cheese and will use it whenever I can. Swap the feta for some fried halloumi.
Now that the heat is on, I’m relying on avocados for quick, fresh meals. I’m always throwing avocados into salads, using them for sauces, or just eating them with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. It’s hard to go wrong with a creamy avocado during the hotter months. A few of my favorite simple avocado recipes:
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with California Avocado. All thoughts and opinions are my own. It’s content like this that helps me keep this site running to provide the vegetarian recipes you see every week.1