I’ve started commuting again for work and I’m on a mission to always have a decent lunch with me. I made a big salad over the weekend and take a container every day. The spinach holds up well for leftovers and it’s the perfect filling salad. I used brown rice because I had some leftover from another meal but really, any grain would be delicious.
Roasted Sweet Potato, Spinach, and Grain Salad
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup cooked grain (brown rice, quinoa, millet, etc)
- 2-3 handfuls spinach
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Peel sweet potato and cut in to 1/4" cubes. Toss with 1 tablespoons olive oil, onion, and smoked paprika. Roast until tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Cook grain of choice- best done ahead of time or use left over grains. Let cool before using.
- Whisk together lime juice, honey,cilantro, and olive oil. Toss cooled grains with desired amount of spinach and dressing. Top with roasted sweet potatoes.
by Erin Alderson