M headed back home for a wedding over the holiday while I continued to work away. However, I took a day off and ran away (with the pup) to the ocean to enjoy a little time with the cool weather and lack of people (strange for the beach, I know- but it is exactly what I needed). I’m discovering so many lovely places in Northern California.
I packed a picnic for myself and over the next couple of post I’ll be sharing the recipes. Today’s recipe is for this gem of a sandwich. I love the saltiness of the olive tapenade with the slight sweetness of the tomato and goat cheese. This sandwich will be a regular in my picnic (and normal day) rotation!
Be sure to check back for the next recipes (two great salad recipes!)
Heirloom Tomato, Olive Tapenade, and Goat Cheese Sandwich (+Limantour Beach)
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 cups olives, mix of black and green
- 1 red pepper, roasted until blistered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Bread, Crusty Baguettes are perfect
- 2-3 ounces goat cheese
- 1-2 Large Heirloom Tomatoes
- Stone Ground Mustard
- Pulse garlic in the food processor until minced. Add olives, roasted red pepper, olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, and lemon juice. Pulse until olives are in small pieces.
- Build sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, goat cheese, olive tapenade, and mustard.