This is going to be another quick post. I was supposed to go see the ortho doctor but thanks to a misplaced disc of x-rays, I am still in a cast through my elbow and typing is a pain (I just started using text dictation, which is a hoot but not helping fully.) This salad is a combination of three things: a need for a giant salad, beautiful produce from the farmers’ market, and leftover collards from a cookbook recipe. I really love collards in this context. The lemon juice and warm quinoa helps to soften the collards and pairs well with the lightness of radishes and sunflower seeds.Print
- 7-8 collard leaves, de-stemmed and julienned
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 watermelon radishes, sliced thinly
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, still warm
- ⅓ cup feta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- In a bowl, combine julienned collards, sunflower seeds, radish slices, carrot slices, and warm quinoa. In a separate bowl, whisk together ingredients for the dressing. Pour over salad and toss until everything is well coated. Let salad sit for 15-20 minutes until collards are a bit more tender.
- Mix in feta and serve.