This dressing is simple and a fun take on a vinaigrette. I’ve seen tomatillos all over the farmers market and I’ve been itching to start playing with them outside of salsa. This dressing pairs well with grilled vegetables and all kinds of greens! I whipped up a charred corn and kale salad to go along with the dressing!Print
- 3/4 lb tomatillos
- 1/2 small white onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 425˚ and cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Drop tomatillos into the boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove from water and peel off outer skins. Slice tomatillos in half and place on baking tray. Cut onion and jalapeño into rough slices and toss with tomatillos. Roast for 20-25 minutes until tomatillos are soft.
- Place roasted tomatillo mixture into a blender and add cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, salt, and honey. Puree until dressing is smooth. Taste and adjust flavors as you like.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.