- 8 ounces store bough or homemade pasta
- ½ cup packed fresh basil
- ½ cup packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes (see note)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons almond slices
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Prepare pasta according to directions. Drain, reserving some of the pasta water, and place pasta in a bowl or return to pot.
- While pasta is cooking, pulse the basil, parsley, and garlic in a food processor until minced. Add in the olives, tomes, lemon juice, olive oil, and almonds. Continue to until pesto is well combined. Add to pasta and toss, adding a splash or two of pasta water until the pasta is coated.
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast breadcrumbs until lightly browning. Sprinkle on top of pasta and serve.
+ I used sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive but you could also use non-oil packed sun-dried tomatoes but you might need to add a splash more olive oil or lemon juice.