A delicious green-packed lunch, this noodle bowl features udon noodles with a creamy coconut curry sauce, spinach, and a poached egg. Leave the egg out for a vegan meal.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled + minced
- 1 small jalapeno (deseeded and diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 scallions, diced
- 3 tablespoons thai green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cane sugar
- 1/2 cup whole-fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups water
- 4 ounces uncooked udon noodles
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Salt, to taste
- 2 poached egg
- Toasted coconut flakes, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- In the stockpot you will eventually make the noodles, heat the coconut oil over medium. Add in the garlic, jalapeno, ginger, and scallion. Cook until fragrant and tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a blender with the curry paste, lime juice, sugar, coconut milk, and cilantro. Puree until smooth.
- Place the broth and water in a pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and add the noodles. Cook the noodles until just tender then stir in the curry sauce and spinach. Cook for another minute or so, just until the spinach is tender. Taste and add salt as desired.
- Divide the noodles into two bowls and top with poached eggs, coconut flakes, sliced scallion greens, and chili flakes if desired.