1 delicata squash (g)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup chopped hazelnuts (g)
1 teaspoon maple syrup
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup julienned basil
4 ounces pasta
2 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
2 tablespoons milk
1 small clove of garlic, minced
½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Heat your oven to 425˚F. Give the squash a good scrub then cut in half lengthwise. Trim the ends then cut each half into ¼” thick slices. Place on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, smoked paprika, and salt. Roast until starting to brown, about 25 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, heat a small skillet over medium. Add the hazelnuts and toast until starting to brown. Remove from heat and stir in the maple syrup and salt. Toss to coat and transfer to a plate to cool. Wipe out the skillet, return to heat, and fry the eggs.
- Next, cook the pasta according to the package directions and make the sauce. To make the sauce, combine the goat cheese, milk, salt, garlic, and zest in a bowl. Stir/whip together until well combined.
- When the squash is done, remove from the oven and add the hazelnuts/basil to the sheet tray and toss the squash with the nuts/basil.
- Drain the pasta, saving a bit of pasta water, and return the pasta to the pot. Add in the goat cheese mixture and stir to combine. Add in a splash of pasta water if needed to coat the noodles. Divide into bowls and top each bowl with an egg and the delicata squash.