14 ounces firm tofu
2 tablespoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
1 teaspoon minced ginger
½ teaspoon crushed red peppers
1 large cucumber
1 large avocado
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
1/4 cup basil. chopped
3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon mint, chopped
12 to 14 rice paper wrappers
- Wrap tofu in a towel and place it on a large plate. Place another plate on top along with something heavy. Let the tofu sit for 30 minutes. Slice the tofu into 1/2” thick slices. Toss with the marinade and let rest for one hour.
- Once the tofu is marinaded, fry in a thin layer of oil until golden. Remove from the skillet and let cool. Slice into smaller strips to make them easier to roll into the spring rolls.
- Cut the cucumber and avocado into thin strips. Place the cucumber in a bowl along with the sesame seeds, and herbs. Toss to coat the cucumbers.
- Set up your spring roll rolling station with the warm/hot water, sliced tofu, cucumbers, avocado, and a place to roll/cut each spring roll.
- Soak the rice paper for 10 seconds (you don’t want it too soft when taking it out of the water, it will soften as you add filling.) Place rice paper on a wet cutting board and load tofu, cucumber mixture, and avocado. Roll, tuck, and fold in sides as you go. Continue with remaining ingredients.
- Once done slice in half and serve with a little bowl of tamari or favorite dipping sauce.