One of my favorite power breakfast, this scramble relies on precooked spiced black beans to accompany the easy cilantro scrambled eggs.
- 2 teaspoon butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Pinch of salt
- ½ ounce cotija or feta cheese
- ⅓ cup spiced black beans
- Cilantro (for serving)
- Avocado (for serving)
- Salsa/hot sauce (for serving)
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the butter and melt. Whisk together the eggs, milk, cilantro, and salt. Pour into the pan and cook/stir until eggs are just set. Remove from heat and stir in the cotija cheese.
- Place the beans on the plate followed by scrambled eggs. Add your favorite toppings such as more cilantro, avocado, and salsa.
Tips & Tricks: Find the recipe for spiced black beans here.
Scrambled egg purist? Check out Bon Appetit’s musts when making scrambled eggs.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 2.5
- Sodium: 581
- Fat: 21.6
- Carbohydrates: 16.7
- Fiber: 5.2
- Protein: 20.9
- Cholesterol: 408