- 4 cups (560 g) blackberries
- 21⁄2 cups (600 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1⁄2 to 1 cup (100 to 200g) cane sugar
- Rinse the blackberries, then combine in a blender with the water and lemon juice. Purée until smooth, then press the mixture through a sieve to grab the seeds.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the blackberry juice and sugar. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Let cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the sugar is fully dissolved. Remove from the heat, transfer to a container, and place in the refrigerator to chill completely.
- Freeze the sorbet mixture according to your ice cream maker’s directions, or, if not using an ice cream maker, place the mixture in a shallow pan and freeze. Once frozen, break into pieces and purée in a blender or food processor until creamy.