In the vein of “three strikes and your out,” I’ve had a post written three times, deleting it each time. So instead, enjoy this tasty morning egg skillet. The temperature went from 50˚ to 7˚ in Illinois with the chance of impending snow/ice later this week. I think I’ll be whipping up a few of these to keep me warm and toasty.
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- ½ small onion
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup water
- 2-3 cups ¼” cubed sweet potato
- 1-2 eggs
- 1-2 ounces goat cheese (*optional)
- In a 7 or 8 inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Dice onion and add to skillet, cooking until onion is translucent, 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in paprika and turmeric, cook for 30 seconds. Add water and stir until everything is well combined.
- Carefully stir in cubed sweet potatoes, enough to fill the skillet. Cover with lid and let sweet potatoes cook until almost tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Create a small well in the center and crack eggs. Sprinkle Goat cheese on top. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until egg whites are set.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro.