A solid fresh winter salad featuring roasted sunchokes tossed with spinach and sunflower seeds.
- 1 pound sunchokes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 to 4 large handfuls of baby or shredded spinach
- 3 tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Give the sunchokes a good scrub and pat dry. Cut into rough ½” thick cubes. Place on a sheet tray along with the minced garlic, olive oil, and sea salt. Toss to combine. Roast for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. The sunchokes should be tender and browning. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once the sunchokes are fairly well cooled, combine with the spinach and sunflower seeds. Combine ingredients for the dressing in a jar with tight lid; shaking until combined. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until the salad is well coated with the dressing.