An easy, kid-friendly lunch or dinner featuring melted cheese, zucchini, and pinto beans.
- 1 large wheat flour tortilla
- 1 1/2 ounces shredded cheddar, jack, or something similar
- [url]1/2 cup spiced zucchini∞https://naturallyella.com/spiced-zucchini/[/url]
- 1/3 cup cooked pinto beans, drained and rinsed if using canned
- Salsa/Hot sauce, for serving
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat a griddle or large, flat skillet over low heat- the pan should be large enough to fit the tortilla. Brush one side of a tortilla with olive oil and place it oil-side down in the skillet. On half of the tortilla, sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese, followed by the spiced zucchini, pinto beans, and finish with another layer of cheese.
- Fold the tortilla in half, covering the mixture.
- Cook the quesadilla over low heat, flipping once, about 4 to 5 minutes. The tortilla should be browning and crisp and the cheese should be melting. Cut into wedges to serve.
Tips & Tricks: These quesadillas are also delicious is you slightly mash the beans. I like to pan fry beans with a bit of garlic and oil then mash before using.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 402
- Sugar: 3.3
- Sodium: 733
- Fat: 23.7
- Saturated Fat: 9.7
- Carbohydrates: 32.7
- Fiber: 2.1
- Protein: 15.9
- Cholesterol: 43.4