An easy and beautiful tomato bean salad that features large white beans tossed with feta, pine nuts, and lemon.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pound heirloom tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked corona beans (or cannellini beans)
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ounce feta
- 3 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil and once hot, add the sliced shallot. Cook/fry the shallot pieces until golden and crisp. Remove the shallots from the oil and place on a paper towel to cool. Let the oil cool slightly.
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges and place in a bowl with the corona beans. Chop the sage leaves and add to the tomatoes along with the lemon zest, lemon juice, feta, and pine nuts. Drizzle the warm oil over the salad and toss until everything is well combined. Taste and add salt/pepper to your liking. Sprinkle with crisp shallots before serving.
Tips & Tricks: Leave out the feta to make vegan.
Also this salad can be made ahead of time but the shallots won’t remain crisp. The salad, however, will still be delicious.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 74
- Fat: 13.3
- Saturated Fat: 2.5
- Carbohydrates: 26.6
- Fiber: 9.5
- Protein: 9.4
- Cholesterol: 6.3