Not sure about Orange Blossom water? This article has a solid run down of it!
Orange Blossom Toss
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange blossom water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (plus more for garnish)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Carrot, Feta, and Pistachio Salad
- 10 carrots (washed and tops trimmed and reserved)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves (plus more for garnish)
- 2/3 cup chopped toasted pistachio nuts
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta
- Make the orange blossom toss: combine the oil, vinegar, orange blossom, water, honey, cumin, cardamom, the 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, and the salt in a jar, seal, and shake to blend. Alternately, whisk the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Make the salad: Use a vegetable peeler, mandoline, or spiralizer to slice the carrots into long, thin strips. Finely chop a handful of carrot tops (resulting in about 1/4 cup). Place the carrot strips and carrot tops in a large salad bowl.
- Add the mint and pistachios, and our the dressing over all. Toss to combine. Gently fold in the feta. Top with mint and extra red pepper flakes, if you want an additional kick of spice.
Copyright © 2017 by Lily Diamond from KALE & CARAMEL: Recipes for Body, Heart, and Table published by Atria Books, a division of Simon & Schuster, Inc.