An easy and flavorful cauliflower salad that comes features a tangy lime dressing paired with caramelized cauliflower and roasted red peppers.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 red peppers (see note)
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey or vegan sweetener
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas
- Preheat oven to 425˚ F. Cut cauliflower into bite-size florets. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt. Place on a baking tray along with whole red peppers. Roast, turning/stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is caramelized and peppers charred: 25-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.Remove the skin from the roasted red pepper and dice.
- Rinse quinoa and combine with 1 cup water in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for until water is almost fully absorbed, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let sit until remaining water is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Combine quinoa, cauliflower, and roasted red pepper in a bowl. Add cilantro and parsley to quinoa mixture.
- To make dressing, combine olive oil, lime juice, and honey in a jar with liquid. Shake until combined. Pour on salad and toss until combined. Taste and add more salt as desired. Add in the pepitas right before serving.
Tips & Tricks: Often during the winter I will use jarred red peppers instead of fresh peppers.
To make vegan, omit the honey or use your favorite substitute.
Nutrition: See the information.
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 14.3
- Sodium: 35.3
- Fat: 19.4
- Carbohydrates: 35.3
- Fiber: 6.4
- Protein: 9.1
- Cholesterol: 196.9