An easy pasta dish that highlights roasted Brussels sprouts, walnuts, and an easy cream sauce.
- 3/4 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 6 ounces pasta
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup walnuts toasted
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F. Quarter Brussels sprouts and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread into a single layer and roast until tender and browning, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While Brussels sprouts roast, cook pasta according to directions. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of pasta water and return pasta to the pot.
- To make cream sauce, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Measure in heavy cream and the 1 teaspoon of lemon zest. I eyed it, about 1/2 lemon. Bring the sauce to a boil and let cook until it thickens slightly, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in lemon juice at the end.
- In the pot with the pasta, stir in the the sauce and the Brussels sprouts. Add enough pasta water for the sauce to coat the pasta/Brussels sprouts.
- Transfer pasta to a bowl and top with toasted walnuts.
Tips and Tricks: Make this recipe vegan by swapping out the cream sauce for this lemon-almond sauce.
Nutrition: See the information.
Link: Lemon Cream Sauce lightly adapted from Martha Stewart.
- Calories: 637 kcal