- 1 lb red potatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon muscavado sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Everything Else
- 2 cups cooked barley
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons minced scallions or chives
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Cut potatoes in bite-size cubes. In a large baking dish, add potatoes and minced garlic. Mince garlic and add to pan along with the heavy cream, paprika, sugar, salt, and turmeric. Using a spoon or your hands, toss everything together so that potatoes are coated.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir, and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes from oven and stir the barley into the hot pan. Divide into bowls and top with sliced hardboiled egg, blue cheese crumbles, and scallions.
Want to make it gluten-free and/or vegan? Use full-fat coconut milk in place of the heavy cream and change out the barley for your favorite gf grain (sorghum, millet, or quinoa I think would be lovely!)