An easy breakfast or dinner, cream baked eggs help lightly cook fresh shaved asparagus making this a quick meal.
- ¼ pound asparagus, shaved ((see note))
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Chili Flakes (for serving)
- Heat oven to 400˚F with a rack in the middle of the oven. Place the shaved asparagus in a small baking dish, roughly 6” to 8” wide.
- Place the cream in a bowl along with the parsley, tarragon, mustard, salt, and pepper. Whisk lightly to combine then pour half of the cream mixture over the asparagus. Stir/toss the asparagus until coated with the cream.
- Make two wells in the asparagus and carefully crack an egg in each. Spoon the remaining cream mixture over the egg whites.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 10 to 14 minutes, until the egg whites are set and the yolk is to your liking.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of herbs and chili flakes, if desired.
Tips & Tricks: Check out the video on how I shave asparagus. I’ve also been known to use a rolling pin to support the asparagus as well.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 2.1
- Sodium: 389
- Fat: 15.9
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 1.4
- Protein: 8.3
- Cholesterol: 226