So in the spirit of this weather, I made a hearty and quick salad. One of the most popular recipes on this site is a simple avocado/chickpea salad (also, good example of how far my photography has come!) I thought I would update it a bit with a couple of additions and tweaks to make the salad a perfect lunch salad. I sometimes forget how awesome different varieties of lettuce can be and I picked up a head of butter lettuce at the co-op the other day that pairs well with the zing of the lime and the creaminess of the avocado.
- 2 cups shredded Lettuce*
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 scallions, diced through part of the greens
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 1 ounce cojita cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together shredded lettuce, avocado, chickpeas, scallions, cooked rice, and cojita cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together ingredients for the dressing, Pour over the salad and toss until salad is coated.