It’s meals like this that become comfort food for me. A slightly warm arugula salad with a mix of flavors that feels these like salad and more like a hearty meal. The feta softens and the pecans add a bit of crunch (without adding the traditional crouton). This is my perfect salad.Print
- 2 cups 1/4″ cubed butternut Squash
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup diced scallions
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 2-3 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 425˚. Toss butternut squash with olive oil, black pepper, and sea salt. Spread into a single layer in a roasting pan or on a baking tray. Bake until butternut squash is tender and lightly browning, 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss butternut squash with honey and scallions until butternut squash is coated. Add in quinoa and pecans and stir.
- In a large bowl, combine arugula with butternut squash mixture and feta. Drizzle with olive oil and toss everything together.