This meal was my last full meal with all of my family before I head out to California. Without question, my favorite times are those when I am surrounded by good food, family, and friends. I felt like this meal was a sort of “thank you and I love you” for everyone that gathered. Everyone who has always loved and supported me through all of my crazy dreams and aspirations. While the time nears to move, I’m feeling even more blessed to have spent so much time with all the people I hold so dear. For me, it only seems right to show my love through food.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (I used a mix of red and black)
- 1 large cucumber, cut into ¼” thick half moons
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 8 ounces feta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3-4 handfuls baby spinach (*optional)
- Mix together quinoa, cucumber, green onion, and feta.
- In a jar with a lid, shake together olive oil, vinegar, and honey. Pour over quinoa, mix well, and let sit until ready to serve.
- If making into a spinach salad, toss with spinach just before serving.
The Full Meal:
A rough take on these stuffed shells. One pan with ricotta/spinach and one pan with grilled chicken/ricotta.
Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake (I made a simple stawberry sauce and swirled it in before baking and then toped with extra).
Grilled Garlic and Lemon Asparagus.
This Quinoa Salad.