Thanks for stopping by Naturally Ella. My name is Erin and here are ten things you should know about me.
- I married my best friend and love of my life in September 2013. We currently reside in Northern California, soaking up a lot of sun and beautiful scenery with our 8 year old husky, Radar.
- Yes, Naturally Ella is a vegetarian site but I do occasionally eat meat, it’s just how I roll. I’m a big fan of the plant based diet.
- I started blogging on June 17th, 2007 but ended up deleting a lot of my older post because they were sporadic and really poorly written. I really only started getting in to blogging three years ago when I joined my CSA and it’s really only been since January 2012 that I’ve honed in my voice, gearing it towards Seasonal, Vegetarian recipes and whole foods (as far away from processed as possible-my shopping consist of produce, bulk bins, and local dairy.)
- My career path is one that wanders. For two years I was a music professor at a small liberal arts school in Illinois but now that I’ve moved to California, I’m pursuing photography, cooking, and web design full time.
- My heart is in Colorado. Every summer (and sometimes winter) I head out and get lost in the mountains, breathing in the fresh air and every time I’m out there, I say to myself I never want to leave. However, I currently live in Sacramento and am learning to love the Sierras.
- I hate the weight debate. For a long time I was overweight and with diet and exercise, I got myself down to a reasonable weight. However, thanks to college, grad school, and relationships- my weight has slowly creeped back up. But, I’m determined not to count calories. I exercise regularly and eat what I want. I try not to be obsessive about it- there’s just no point.
- I’m highly competitive which is both a blessing and a curse. Often I’m competitive against things I can’t control (ie marriage and babies) but I’m also competitive against myself (ie.. I use to weigh this but now I weigh this.) It’s something I’m really trying to work on because really, it’s no way to live life.
- I grew up on McDonalds and pretty much ate fast food everyday of my life until my sophomore year of college when my father had a heart attack at the age of 45. Since then, my entire family has changed how we eat, weeding out processed foods and meat. While the heart attack was scary, I’m thankful for the wake-up call we all had.
- I’m leaning towards the notion that social media will be the leading cause of depression
in the not so distant futurenow. I hate how dependent so many of us (myself included) have become on twitter, facebook, email on our phones, etc. I truly believe that I think we miss living the best moments because we are too busy trying to document them.
- I feel like there should be a random list of things that make me happy including, but not limited to: dancing, snow, camping, coffee, records, sunshine, hiking, picnics, old cameras, road trips,family, friends, big trees, mountains, and oceans.
Thanks for stopping by and I always love to hear from readers!
Live Naturally, Be Healthy, Eat Delicious