Thanks for stopping by Naturally Ella. My name is Erin and here are ten things you should know about me.
I’m still waiting on my Fairytale Romance. While I know that Disney builds up this great hype around romance, I’m still looking for that special person that I can enjoy life with. If you find him, send him my way and I’ll bake you cupcakes for years to come For right now, the love of my life is a furry, 45 pound husky that goes by the name of Radar (I did always have a thing for MASH.)I’m actually getting married in September, 2013 to the love of my life and we’re moving to California!
- Yes, Naturally Ella is a vegetarian site but I do occasionally eat meat, it’s just how I roll. I’m a big fan of the plant based diet.
- I started blogging on June 17th, 2007 but ended up deleting a lot of my older post because they were sporadic and really poorly written. I really only started getting in to blogging two years ago when I joined my CSA and it’s really only been since January 2012 that I’ve honed in my voice, gearing it towards Seasonal, Vegetarian recipes and whole foods (as far away from processed as possible-my shopping consist of produce, bulk bins, and local dairy.)
- I play the bassoon and am a music professor by day until May. Once I head out to California, I’ll be pursuing my love of photography, cooking, and whatever else may come up!
- My heart is in Colorado. Every summer (and sometimes winter) I head out and get lost in the mountains, breathing in the fresh air and every time I’m out there, I say to myself I never want to leave. My contract with the school I’m teaching at is up in May of 2013 and I’ll be moving to Sacramento, California to meet up with my Fiance (who is out there working already!)
- I hate the weight debate. For a long time I was overweight and with diet and exercise, I got myself down to a reasonable weight. However, thanks to college, grad school, and relationships- my weight has slowly creeped back up. But, I’m determined not to count calories. I exercise regularly and eat what I want. I try not to be obsessive about it- there’s just no point.
- I’m highly competitive which is both a blessing and a curse. Often I’m competitive against things I can’t control (ie marriage and babies) but I’m also competitive against myself (ie.. I use to weigh this but now I weigh this.) It’s something I’m really trying to work on because really, it’s no way to live life.
- I grew up on McDonalds and pretty much ate fast food everyday of my life until my sophomore year of college when my father had a heart attack at the age of 45. Since then, my entire family has changed how we eat, weeding out processed foods and meat. While the heart attack was scary, I’m thankful for the wake-up call we all had.
- I’m leaning towards the notion that social media will be the leading cause of depression in the not so distant future. I hate how dependent so many of us (myself included) have become on twitter, facebook, email on our phones, etc. I truly believe that I think we miss living the best moments because we are too busy trying to document them.
- I feel like there should be a random list of things that make me happy including, but not limited to: dancing, snow, camping, coffee, records, sunshine, hiking, picnics, old cameras, road trips,family, friends, big trees, mountains, and oceans.
Thanks for stopping by and I always love to hear from readers!
Live Natural, Be Healthy, Eat Delicious