- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup minced red onion (see note)
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime
- 2 large whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- To make guacamole, cut avocado in half around the pit and spoon out the avocado into a bowl. Add in the onion, cilantro, garlic, and salt. Cut the lime in half and squeeze 1 to 2 tablespoons of lime juice over the guacamole and stir. Taste and adjust salt and lime juice as needed.
- Spread about 1/4 to 1/3 cup guacamole in the center of a tortilla. Layer half the rice, beans, cheese, lettuce, and onions on top of the guacamole. Roll into a burrito (see note) and tuck in the ends.
- Heat a grill pan or panini press over low heat and place the burritos seam side down. Place a weight on top and let cook until tortilla is brown and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Serve with remaining guacamole or salsa.
Tips & Tricks: I prefer to use red onions in my guacamole as I like the strong flavor of onions. If you’re looking for a more subtle onion flavor, try white or sweet onions.
Burritos falling apart? Get help rolling your burrito!
Plan ahead: Find this recipe in the Naturally Ella Real Plans upgrade.