- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup banana puree (2-3 bananas)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pecan or walnut oil (or melted butter)
- 2 eggs
- oatmeal and nuts to top
- Preheat oven to 350˚and generously butter/oil a 8 or 9″ loaf pan (or use parchment paper.)
- In a food processor, pulse oats until almost flour- I still like little pieces of oats left. Pour into a large bowl and add wheat flour, baking soda, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together banana puree, maple syrup, oil, and two eggs. Pour into dry ingredients. Stir until just combined (don’t over stir!)
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with oats and nuts. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Top should spring back lightly and when a knife is entered, it should come out clean. Let cool and slice!