- 1⁄2 tablespoon (7 ml) olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup (70 g) diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup (70 g) diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 cups (320 g) cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) rice wine vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons (14 g) sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the diced shallot and onions and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over low heat in a large skillet. Add the onion mixture then stir in the brown rice, soy sauce, and vinegar, and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes. Create a well in the center and crack the eggs. Let them set most of the way, 3 to 4 minutes, before stirring them into the rice mixture. Stir in the sesame seeds and black pepper. Serve hot.
*Recipe from The Easy Vegetarian Kitchen Cookbook.