- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, dry-packed
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup farro
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, fresh
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 oz goat cheese (or gorgonzola, cream cheese, or other creamy cheese)
- In a sauce pan, heat dry-packed sun dried tomatoes, water, and stock. Reduce to low and let simmer while you continue to cook risotto.
- Heat tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add shallot and sauté until translucent and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Stir in sweet corn and continue to cook until lightly browning, 4-5 minutes. Keeping heat over medium, add wine and let cook until almost evaporated. Add farro and 1/2 cup of the stock. Continue to stir until the farro absorbs the stock. Continue to add/absorb 1/2 cup stock until the farro is tender, about 45 minutes. Test farro for tenderness occasionally.
- When farro is tender, stir in cooked sun-dried tomatoes, rosemary, and salt. Cook for 1-2 more minutes then remove from heat and add in goat cheese. Serve immediately.