A perfect summer weekend breakfast, this vegetable frittata is brimming with sweet corn and zucchini. An easy breakfast, lunch, or light dinner.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels (about 1 small ear)
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced red peppers
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
- Heat oven to 425˚F. Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper then set aside.
- Combine the sweet corn, zucchini, red peppers, and onions in a bowl. Heat an 8 inch skillet over medium-low heat and add in the olive oil followed by the vegetables. Cook until the onion is fragrant and zucchini starts to soften, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and sprinkle with herbs. Reduce heat to low and cook until the frittata starts to set on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the cheese on top and transfer to the oven. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until frittata is completely set- it should be puffed and the cheese should be browning.
Tips & Tricks: Because the vegetables will cook a bit more in the oven, I don’t spend a lot of time cooking until tender but you can definitely do that if desired.
Nutrition: See the information.
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 4.5
- Sodium: 505.6
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 14.2
- Fiber: 1.8
- Protein: 15.6
- Cholesterol: 296.5