An easy cooking component that is as simple as cooking black beans in liquid and spices.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cup black beans (with cooking liquid)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Place a small pot or skillet over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil followed by the minced garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, just to until the garlic begins to brown.
- Place beans and liquid in a pan with the cumin, coriander, and chili powder. Heat over medium-low heat until the majority of the liquid has been absorbed, 5 to 7 minutes. Taste and add salt as needed.
Tips & Tricks: If you are using home-cooked beans, be sure to store the cooked black beans in some of the cooking liquid! If you’re using canned- you can cut extra salt out by draining and using broth or water in place of the liquid.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 158
- Sodium: 11.9
- Fat: 5.2
- Carbohydrates: 21.5
- Fiber: 7.9
- Protein: 7.9