This wonderful fall grain salad gets texture from chewy spelt berries, sweetness from grapes, and a boost of protein from the chickpeas.
- 2 cups quartered grapes
- 2 cups cooked spelt
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (drained and rinsed if using canned)
- 1 ounce blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- Parsley (for topping)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Slice grapes into quarters (first along the length, then again across the width). Place in a large bowl. Add spelt and chickpeas. Crumble blue cheese over salad. Then sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk together. Pour over the salad. Finally, toss until everything is well coated.
- Serve and top with minced parsley.
Tips & Tricks: Soft cheeses crumble more easily when they are cold. Leave the blue cheese in the fridge. Then, add it to the salad when you’re ready.
Nutrition: See the information.
- Calories: 427
- Sugar: 15.4
- Sodium: 188.5
- Fat: 20.5
- Carbohydrates: 53.6
- Fiber: 8.1
- Protein: 12.2
- Cholesterol: 5.3