An easy, raw salad that is best when made ahead of time. A perfect compliment to the rich flavors of holiday meals.
- 1 pound parsnips
- 1/2 cup parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the peel of the parsnips. Shave thin ribbons of parsnip until you reach the core.
- In a large bowl, combine shaved parsnips with parsley, red onion, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil. Toss until well combined and add salt and pepper to taste.
Tips & Tricks: Save the cores and peels to make stock!
- Calories: 153