- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 8 scallions, whites and part of the greens minced
- 2 cups Cascadian Farm edamame
- 2 tablespoons toasted black sesame seeds (see note)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Cook soba noodles according to package. Drain and toss with 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
- Over medium heat, add remaining 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a large pan. Add minced scallions, cooking for 3 to 4 minutes then measure in the edamame. Cook, stirring occasionally, until edamame is hot and starting to char on a few pieces.
- Whisk together the rice vinegar, tamari, sesame oil, and ginger. Pour over the noodles, followed by adding the toasted sesame seeds. Toss until everything is well coated and combined. Serve with extra tamari, sesame seeds, and minced scallion greens.
+ To toast sesame seeds, place in a dry skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until sesame seeds are slightly fragrant, 3 to 4 minutes.