- 1 1/2 cup rye flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cardamon
- Zest from one orange
- 1 cup seasonal fruit
- Preheat your oven to 375˚ and line or grease a 12 muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, powder, cardamon, and orange zest. Give a quick stir.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, melted butter (that has been slightly cooled), and maple syrup. Pour in to dry ingredients, add fruit if using, and stir until barely combined
- Portion out evenly among the muffin tin. This recipe makes some bigger muffins so be generous on your scoop! Bake for 15-18 minutes until muffin springs back and is golden brown.