- ¼ cup rye flour
- ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour*
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sorghum syrup
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons sorghum syrup
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Whisk together flours, salt, eggs, sorghum, milk, and melted butter until smooth. Heat 8″ skillet and lightly grease with oil. Place a scant ¼ cup of batter in pan. Tilt the pan so that the batter covers the entire pan and cook for about 30-45 seconds. Flip and cook for another 15 seconds. Layer done crepes, slightly overlapping, on a plate.
- When finished with crepes, add the bourbon and sorghum to the skillet, stirring until well combined. Heat over medium-low heat until reduced by half, 2-3 minutes. Place strawberries in a bowl and pour bourbon mixture over.
- Place one crepe on a plate and scoop out 2 scoops of ice cream and place towards one edge of the crepe. Fold the crepe over the ice cream and spoon strawberries on top.
*All rye flour can be used as well. Also, don’t heavy-hand the flour measuring. It may cause your crepe batter to be too thick.
**Recipe Makes 8 crepes and enough strawberries for 2-3 topped crepes. Leftover crepes store well in the freezer (separated by parchment paper.)
**Strawberries can also be cooked or roasted with the bourbon mixture