- 1 Meyer lemon salsa recipe
- 1 small Romanesco head (see note)
- 1 large shallot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Quinoa or Rice, for serving
- Make the salsa according to the directions. Set aside to sit for at least 30 minutes or make the day before.
- Preheat oven to 425˚. Break dow the head of Romanesco in bite-sized florets of roughly equal size. Cut the shallots into thin slices and toss with the Romanesco in a roasting pan. Drizzle the vegetable with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss again until everything is evenly coated.
- Roast for 25 to 35 minutes until the Romanesco is tender and lightly browning (you can cook for longer if you like it more cooked). Remove from oven and while still hot, add 6 to 8 tablespoons of the Meyer lemon salsa to the pan (use your best judgement for however big the head of Romanesco is). Stir until everything is well combined.
- Serve over a scoop of quinoa or rice.
If you can’t find Romanesco, I would use cauliflower or potentially broccoli (cauliflower is more akin to the texture of the Romanesco).