A creamy and delicious carrot polenta made with bulk-bin polenta and roasted carrots/garlic that have been pureed.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dry polenta
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- [url]3/4 cup carrot puree∞https://naturallyella.com/roasted-carrot-puree/[/url]
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 4 sage leaves
- 1/4 cup crushed, toasted walnuts
- Salt, to taste
- Add water to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer then pour the polenta, whisking constantly, until combined. Whisk in the salt, cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes (see note). If the polenta has thickened too much, add a bit more liquid and reduce the heat to the lowest setting (or burner).
- Once the polenta has thickened and the taste has mellowed, remove from heat and add in the heavy cream ad carrot puree. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- In a small skillet, heat to medium and add the ghee. Once the ghee is hot, add the sage leaves and let fry until crisp, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove and place on a dry towel.
- Divide the polenta into two bowls and top with the toasted walnuts, fried sage, and a drizzle of olive oil if desired.
Tips & Tricks: This polenta is perfect as a base for other roasted vegetables, legumes, and fried eggs.
For the polenta, I cook it over the lowest setting possible. Cooking polenta for a longer time makes for a better, richer flavor.
Nutrition: see the information.
- Calories: 326
- Sugar: 3.6
- Sodium: 520
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 9.6
- Carbohydrates: 37.9
- Fiber: 3.9
- Protein: 4.4
- Cholesterol: 37.9