- 3–4 large beets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2–3 tablespoons lemon juice, about 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 3–4 handfuls lettuce
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Cut beets into half-moon, 1/4″ slices. Toss with olive oil and salt. Place in a single layer in a roasting pan and roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add orzo and cook until tender, 10-15 minutes. Remove, drain, and place in a bowl and let cool slightly.
- In a bowl or food processor, mix together blue cheese crumbles, olive oil, honey, and lemon juice, the mixture will be very thick. Once orzo has cooled slightly, stir blue cheese mix into orzo until well combined. Set aside and let cool.
- To assemble salad, carefully toss together lettuce and orzo. Sprinkle beets on top, finishing with toasted walnuts and extra blue cheese if desired.