Roasted beets are paired with goat cheese and a simple lemon mustard vinaigrette for a warm fall salad.
- 3 small beets (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked white beans (drained and rinsed if using canned)
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely minced chives
- 1 tablespoon finely minced dill
Lemon mustard vinaigrette
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Trim ends of beets and dice into 1/4 inch pieces. Place in a roasting pan. Toss with olive oil until well coated. Roast for 25 to 35 minutes, until fork tender. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a small bowl or jar, combine lemon juice, olive oil and mustard. Whisk or shake to combine.
- Place spinach, white beans, and beets in a large bowl. Sprinkle goat cheese and herbs into bowl. Drizzle with lemon mustard vinaigrette and toss to combine.
Tips & Tricks: Golden beets have a lovely sweetness without the intensely earthy beet flavor. Slightly under roasted beets have a lovely crunch that adds great texture to this salad without croutons. Roast 15 to 20 minutes, or until your desired doneness.
Nutrition: get the information.
- Calories: 568
- Sugar: 16.2
- Sodium: 292.1
- Fat: 24.5
- Carbohydrates: 49.4
- Fiber: 17.3
- Protein: 15.7
- Cholesterol: 6.5