- 2 barely-ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup walnut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of sea salt
- 3–4 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 400˚. Place whole bananas in the oven and let roast until peel has browned. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Remove banana from peel and place in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add walnut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt. Mix on medium-high until mixture comes together a bit.
- Add the 3 cups of oats and let mix on medium-low until oats are covered. Toss in pecans and chia seeds, mixing and adding a few more oats until granola comes together and clumps.
- Scrap out onto a covered baking tray and return to 400˚ oven. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Half way through baking remove from oven and flip granola.
*I baked mine but my clumps were rather large and the center was still soft. I let it sit for a while (overnight actually) and it was still not quite crispy. I simply broke the granola in to smaller pieces and returned to the oven until everything was brown and crispy!