- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans or walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups rhubarb, divided
- 3/4 + 2 tablespoons cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pecan or walnut oil
- 2 eggs
- oatmeal and nuts to top
- In a medium sauce pot, combine 1 cup rhubarb and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. Cook over medium-low heat until rhubarb is broke down, 10-15 minutes. Set aside and let cook slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350˚and generously butter/oil a 8 or 9″ loaf pan.
- In a food processor, pulse oats until almost flour- I still like little pieces of oats left. Pour into a large bowl and add wheat flour,spices, baking soda, and nuts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together rhubarb puree, maple syrup, oil, and two eggs. I like to extra nuttiness the nut oil adds but you can also use melted butter or coconut oil. Combine puree mixture, dry ingredients, and the remaining 1 1/2 cups of rhubarb. Stir until just combined (don’t over stir!)
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with oats and nuts. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Top should spring back lightly and when a knife is entered, it should come out clean. Let cool and slice!