- 1 1/2 cups whole-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup red curry paste (see note)
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 4 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- Plain yogurt, garnish
- In a skillet with high sides, whisk together coconut milk, water and curry paste. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and add red lentils. Let simmer for 22 to 25 minutes, just until the red lentils are tender but still hold their shape.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in spinach until wilted. Serve curry over cooked grain, with a dollop of yogurt, if desired.
Tips & Tricks: I’ll often keep a jar of store-bought curry paste for this dish. You can find these curries in most grocery stores.
- Calories: 534
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 110.4
- Fat: 21
- Carbohydrates: 74.3
- Fiber: 8.4
- Protein: 16.4
- Cholesterol: 1.5